PROJECT REVEAL: A ROMANTIC BEDROOM RETREAT

"Driftin' on a memory, ain't no place I'd rather be, than with you yeah, lovin' you, well, well, well… *snaps and slow rock side to side*. Today, you guys are in for a TREAT! I wanted to pop on to share a project, I had the opportunity to work on this year (it was this summer- don’t judge me). For starters, this was my FIRST project that I worked with a married couple and they were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I must admit--initially when I first received the e-mail for a consultation and my client mentioned her and her "husband" wanted to revamp their bedroom. 90% of me was like YAY *hits the nae nae*, but then the other 10% of me, was like OMG, a man!!!! By any means, no shade to men, but I’ve only worked with women previously. Nevertheless, I was definitely up for the challenge. I begin with a 90 minute consultation, closely listened and paid close attention to my clients style, wants and needs. The couple stressed the importance of wanting a "romantic vibe" for their space. They didn't have a specific color scheme in mind, however I ask what colors to avoid instead? Orange was definitely out of the question, so I obliged. The male client stressed the importance of the bedroom not being "too feminine" but he wanted feminine touches (hope that make sense). His exact words: "please remember me!"; Me: "I got you"! Therefore, we secured the budget/bag, signed the contract, and I was off to pulling together the design concept.

 BEFORE: The bedding and the walls needed a major uplift.

BEFORE: The bedding and the walls needed a major uplift.

 BEFORE: Sitting area in bedroom

BEFORE: Sitting area in bedroom

The picture below is the design board that was created and presented to the clients: 

Screen Shot 2018-07-03 at 9.33.22 PM.png

First thing I did when creating the vision for this room was picked the color palette. I wanted to go with a deep eggplant purple, gray, and a pop of Cerulean blue. When I mentioned purple to the male client he wasn't completely sold at first but when he saw it on the design board, it was a WINNER. New paint for the room was a MUST! I selected Valspar Filtered Shade for the paint color to brighten up the room a little. Not sure what type of yellow-ish beige was on the walls before, but it was doing NOTHING for the room. #TheVogueRoomTip101: It's amazing what something so inexpensive like paint, can make a HUGE impact to a space. Remember, you don’t necessarily have to go for the high end wallpaper, just apply paint!

bedroom lighting

We kept the existing furniture (bed, dresser, and nightstands) but everything else had to "GET THE STEPPING"-Martin voice. New sofa and ottoman for the sitting area in the bedroom. My clients actually wanted to use this area in their bedroom, because they currently wasn’t. Also, new lighting was a must. My female client wanted a little added “bling” to the chandelier, and I certainly had her covered. Also, I wanted a surprise element in the room to create great ambiance which was the portable fireplace feature. See below for more pictures of the space.

 AFTER: Sitting area in the bedroom

AFTER: Sitting area in the bedroom

IMG_7015 2.jpg
IMG_7014.jpg

Stay tuned for tips on how to create your very own romantic oasis. Don’t forget to comment below and subscribe to the blog if you haven’t already.


GET THE INSPIRED LOOK



Love, Peace, and Positive Energy,

Eb!